Monday 15 December 2008

A friend of Dorothy



Bonjour, content seekers. Tin Blott here. I've had a few emails from readers intrigued by both my nickname and the title of my blog. To take the first point, while my given name is obviously Quentin Blott, I earned the sobriquet "Tin" during my torrid younger days studying for a BA in Perpetual Profiteering at the Poltroonish Institute of Compassionless Management Practices. At first, I thought it might be in reference to Herge's beloved cub reporter Tin-Tin, an unswervingly decent young man who was relentless in his pursuit of a story and fair-minded once he got it. But as it turned out, it was apparently inspired by L Frank Baum's The Wizard Of Oz, where a cranky Tin Man is persuaded to embark on a quest to find a heart. Or is it a brain? Or courage? Perhaps it was all three. In any case, after a few too many glasses of Drambuie, the nickname "Tin" stuck.
As for the blog, well, let me reiterate my commitment to content. For me, it must always be at the top of any agenda. When I wake up each morning, the first thing I do after rousing Mr Rumpus is reach for the Things To Do Today notepad on my bedside table and write: "A: Total Content." (Often followed by "B: Impose Further Debilitating Efficiencies.) So now you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment