Thursday 11 December 2008

The tao of Tin 1



Since I obviously know everything there is to know about ... well, everything, it seems only right that I should share my vast wealth of experience in producing and publishing newsletters. The experience I've built up over the years has been invaluable so if you have any queries about how best to burn through any residual goodwill in your company, string along union leaders until they dance to your merry tune or just systematically undermine and alienate a once-loyal workforce, drop me a line in the comments section below and I'll work some of the Blott magic for which I'm rightly infamous. Hey, here's a question now:

To: Tinny B 
From: EmpireStrikesHack

Tin, long-time reader, first-time poster. I've been working at the same media company for over a decade, and I was proud to be involved in the production of a respected title. But the past few years have turned into a spirit-crushing merry-go-round of cutbacks, redundancies, opaque management decisions and questionable air-conditioning maintenance. Recently, I was told I would have to reapply for my job after a zealous restructuring which appears to have been scribbled in crayon by a toddler on too much Tixylix. I'm a professional. I'm good at my job. I've given a lot. But how can I in good conscience go back to work for this company after they've essentially unzipped their flies and absent-mindedly aimed a hissing stream of ammonia into my eyes? Yours, EmpireStrikesHack

Ummm. Let's see. Actually, I'm not sure if I can help with this one. Sorry!

Do you have a question you'd like to put to Tin? Post it in the comments below and the king of content will tackle your query in a future post, possibly after he's signed some piece of paper which will impact horribly on the lives of dozens of workers.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Tin - I have a question for you. Like the poster above I work for a very exciting multimedia company where content is king. Only trouble is our circulation is plummeting and nobody looks at our website because its rubbish. Should I leave now whilst there's money for redundancies or wait until we go completely tits up in about 6 months time?

    Yours Desparada

    ReplyDelete